Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 13, Keyboarding

Can you believe it's almost the end of our class?  We have 4 more weeks to do all the assignments.  And Final Exams must be completed no later than May 15, 2010.  Of course, you can work ahead and complete assignment well before that date.  Just make sure you complete assignments in the order listed.  Otherwise, you may encounter locked dropboxes!


Some of you have a few days off this week because of the Easter holidays and Spring break for other schools.  Keyboarding class does no have a scheduled break.  Complete Week 13 assignments before you decide to relax a few days.  Zeros will be given for all incomplete work on Monday, April 5, 2010. So get that work finished--your grade depends on it!


FINAL EXAM - MODULE 3














What will be on the oral exam?
Week 13 requires that you take an oral exam and submit the results to dropbox 3.12a.  You may call me at 601-810-4923 during my office hours.  And if you want to schedule a different time, please text me and I will check for my availability.  Some dropboxes will be locked if you don't take the oral exam. 

We will discuss the parts of a business letter and the spacing between each part.  I will also ask questions about punctuation within the letter.  

Additionally, the report format will be discussed.  You will be asked questions about spacing, the primary sections of the report title page, body, and works cited.  We will also cover the Citation Machine method of citing references in your report.  My phone number is 601.810.492



How do I complete the written exam?




The next assignment for this week is the written test, 3.12b. 





Your goal for Timed Writing 3 is 30 wpm with 3 or fewer errors.
You may repeat the lesson multiple times until you reach that goal.  Remember to show your skills by taking Timed Writing 3 two times before submitted your file to the dropbox.  

You must submit 2 screen shots showing the 30 wpm with 3 or fewer errors.

Here is a link to a detailed set of directions for that timed writing.  (Right click on the hyperlinklink and go to the address.)
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AY55uZPnDVVPZGRjaGhoNGhfMTZjanB3Y2ZoaA&hl=en

Please read the above information carefully before taking the written test.  






BONUS POINTS:
You will receive 5 bonus points if you respond with your favorite family meal at holidays such as Easter.  These comments must be added to the BLOG no later than Monday, April 5.


Have a safe and enjoyable Holiday!  See you in class next Tuesday!





8 comments:

  1. For the last few years during Easter our church does a cook-out. We have hamburgers, hotdogs, and ice cream.
    We get to hang out with our church friends while we watch the little kids play on blow-ups.
    But when we don't have the cook-out our family usually goes to Cracker Barrel. That is our favorite place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, that sounds like a great way to be with family and friends. And of course, Cracker Barrel is a good alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite meal at Easter or any holiday is always my uncle's meatloaf, devil eggs, greens, ham, my aunt's Mexican cornbread, dressing, and for dessert, my grandma's strawberry nut salad that I have almost perfected myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halley, those are wonderful dishes ANY time of the year. And that strawberry nut salad sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Favoritemeal on easter or any other holiday is always my mother Salad, Meatloaf, Chicken, Cornbread.and When my fathers cooks his dressing. And on the side Ice cream, Cookies, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous: Sound like a feast to me! I don't know your name; to get credit, send me an email and identify yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favorite meal during the holidays is ham dressing, potato salad,crandberry sause, pies, my grandmas coblers and cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RebeccaAnn, sounds like a great meal to me. Did you have any left-overs?

    ReplyDelete

Sign in with your User Name to leave comments.